Civil Engineer in Training (EIT)
Work hard & live well with growth & variety
On Point Project Engineers is a leading consulting engineering firm in Greater Victoria. We are civil engineers specializing in municipal, transportation and land use engineering. Our team is hard working, passionate about our work and committed to our projects and clients. If you are one of the best and want to work with the best, we want you on our team. Join us and work on projects that challenge and excite you with a team that will inspire you.
Civil Engineer in Training for full-time employment. Responsibilities include:
- Preliminary and detailed design of civil works such as roads, water, and sewers
- Preparation of design briefs and technical reports
- Prepare contract documentation and assist in the construction administration phase of the works
- Take direction from and follow instructions provided by the Principal and Team Lead
- Monitoring, inspecting, and reporting on construction activities and the implementation of all onsite civil related inspection and test plans
Requirements & Qualifications
- Recent (or soon to be) graduate eligible for registration with EGBC as an Engineer in Training or be an existing Engineer-in Training registered in British Columbia (or eligible for registration)
- Be a clear and confident communicator with clients, colleagues, and project stakeholders
- Have a solid understanding of basic municipal, transportation or land development engineering principles or the ability to seek out up-to-date information
- Be a self-starter, timely committed finisher, flexible and able to work well with others in a busy environment with competing priorities
- Be proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D etc.)
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license
- Share our core values:
- Providing an exceptional client experience
- Pride in your results
- Confident in your contributions
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com and include “Civil Engineer in Training (EIT)” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 3pm, Friday, March 31, 2023.