Work hard & live well with growth & variety
“I very much enjoy the variety of projects and the awesome team of both new graduates and experienced staff, bringing all sorts of new ideas and tried and true methods to the table.”
– Elisabeth N., Senior Civil Engineer (6 years with On Point)
On Point Project Engineers is a leading consulting engineering firm in Greater Victoria. We are civil engineers specializing in municipal, transportation and land use engineering. Our team is hard working, passionate about our work and committed to our projects and clients. If you are one of the best and want to work with the best, we want you on our team. Join us and work on projects that challenge and excite you with a team that will inspire you.
We are seeking one Project Administrator for permanent full-time employment. This position is an important support role at On Point and the ideal candidate will be hard-working, efficient, productive, reliable, prompt and adaptable with a great attention to detail and strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide Construction & Contract Administration support including creating and issuing purchase orders, tracking and coding invoices, issuing change directives, and monitoring project schedules.
- Set up and coordination of new projects.
- Assist with various municipal permit applications.
- Liaise with the Accounts Receivable team to prepare monthly invoices for clients.
- Prepare reports for Project Managers to assist in budget tracking and controls.
- Work with staff to ensure timesheet entries are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with the archiving of completed projects.
- Back-up to other Administration team members.
- Assist the Office Manager with day-to-day operational tasks.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years previous related work experience in an Administrative background.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Must be reliable, prompt, and able to prioritize workload effectively.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Some technical knowledge and aptitude is seen as an asset.
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions (and ask questions when unsure).
- Must be resourceful with ability to research and source solutions/resources.
- Knowledge of civil engineering or previous work experience in an engineering office is preferred but not required.
- Maintain high-level of confidentiality in all aspects of the business.
- Hold a valid BC driver’s license and own vehicle.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Katie Frank and include “Project Administrator” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 3:00 pm, Friday, September 23, 2022.